You learn from what's killing you.

November 19, 2007

The Motor-Mags

While building my X-Wedge, I realized that I really wanted to run a cast mag wheel. But no cast mag wheels exist that will work for the style I was going for. I wanted to machine a 21" wheel like a Morris mag, but couldn't get a suitable blank, as the company that makes them, well, sucks.
so...
I was having a conversation with Jeff Wright and he suggested a do moto mags, I had no idea what they were, (I skated, didn't ride BMX) but I looked em up and they are even cooler than a Kimtab Snowflake, but of course none exist.
So, I made 2 sets, one for me and one for Jeff. At some point we will also have them for sale. the first Chopperdaves Casting Co / Church of Choppers collaboration. Once we figure out how were are going to do hubs. I used a combiantion of some modified junk hubs I had and made new brake sides for em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the origin revealed...they rule!

Sideburn Magazine said...

yes please Santa!

747 said...

yep!